Georgia has more than 45 state parks, and the fun doesn’t end when the sun goes down. Here are a few things you can do:
• Hike to the suspension bridge at Tallulah Gorge State Park on a ranger-led Full Moon Hike.
• Take a lantern tour of Jarrell Plantation Historic Site or explore Fort McAllister by candelight.
• Kayak, canoe, paddle board or aqua cycle by the light of the moon on ranger-led paddles at several parks.
• Star gaze at Stephen C. Foster State Park in the Okefenokee Swamp.
• The parks close before dark so make reservations at your choice of accommodations.
– Jan Schroder, The Travel 100