More pets get lost on July 4th than any other day. While people find the festivities exciting, the sights and sounds of fireworks are terrifying and disorienting to most animals. Follow these tips, and more here, to keep your four-legged furry friends safe:
– Keep pets INSIDE your home with doors and windows securely closed.
– Provide a safe place to hide, preferably in an interior room.
– Turn on TV or music, and draw curtains and blinds, to help muffle loud noises.
– Keep them busy and distracted with toys.
– Comfort them by petting, hugging and talking in a soothing voice.
— Laura Cubbage, 360 Media, Inc.