On Sunday, June 19, many will spend the day celebrating Father’s Day. But for those who have difficult or estranged relationships, or whose fathers have passed away, the day can be tough to navigate.
• If you feel angry, disappointed, or sad, try not to push those feelings away. There’s a reason for these emotions and giving yourself permission to feel them can be surprisingly cathartic.
• Try to avoid social channels for the day. Instead, plan something to do that you enjoy.
• Share how you’re feeling with someone you trust.
• Spend the day with others. Isolating can make you feel worse.
– MaryGrace Williams, 360 Media, Inc.