The oldest home in Buckhead is on the market. Located at 1450 West Wesley Road, this Greek Revival home is an important part of Atlanta’s history, once serving as a Confederate general’s headquarters and a hospital in the Civil War.
The 1830s home was built in the North Georgia town of Resaca. To save the home from demolition, the Walker family purchased and relocated the house to its current location in 1959.
The historic charm and original design have been preserved despite its recent renovation and expansion. The four-bedroom, 3.5-bath house offers a terrace, two-car garage and upstairs master suite.
– Caroline Parsley, The Atlanta 100
A beautiful story. Can’t wait to tour the home with Ben Hirsh!