Inside the beloved Colonnade Restaurant hangs a shirt that reads: “A devoted partner who does the dishes should be granted three wishes. A faithful mate, a well-kissed cheek and dinner at the Colonnade once a week.”
The Colonnade has been serving Southern-style “soul” food since 1927 – making it the city’s second oldest restaurant. The landmark restaurant was first opened by Frank Tarleton at the corner of Piedmont and Lindbergh before moving to its present location in 1962.
In addition to fried chicken and generously poured cocktails, the menu includes over 30 sides and innovative specials like kangaroo fillets.