For the past 85+ years, Henri’s Bakery has supplied generations of Atlantans with freshly baked bread, desserts and wax-paper wrapped gourmet sandwiches.
Henri’s Bakery was founded in 1929 in Midtown by French chef Henri Fiscus. In the early years, Henri focused strictly on baking, only adding sandwiches when business was slow. The sandwiches were an instant hit and remain one of the bakery’s main draws. Other guest favorites include their famous cheese straws, European-style pastries and cakes.
Since relocating to Irby Avenue in 1969, Henri’s Bakery has called Buckhead home. In the 1980s, a second location opened in Sandy Springs.