Built in 1917 on the corner of Peachtree and Marietta streets, Atlanta’s first enclosed mall included three floors of shopping covered by a glass ceiling. The Peachtree Arcade, a gorgeous example of Beaux-Arts style architecture featuring marble and brass, served shoppers for decades.
Famous Atlanta architect A. Ten Eyck Brown designed the arcade as well as other Atlanta buildings such as the Fulton County Courthouse, Sweet Auburn Curb Market and the Martin Luther King, Jr. Federal Building.
The building was demolished in 1964 for the First National Bank Building of Atlanta, which was then the tallest building in the Southeast.