Piedmont Park’s Pool & Aquatics Center has a long and interesting history, beginning with the park’s lake, Clara Meer.
To attract swimmers to Lake Clara Meer, Piedmont Park added a wooden bathhouse in 1911, which was later replaced with the current stone bathhouse in 1926. Over time, the lake hosted thousands of swimmers, several diving and sunning platforms, and a double water slide. Piedmont Park later added its first swimming pool in 1973.
The bathhouse is now a 9,000-square-foot event space known as Greystone, and the pool has been converted into the Aquatic Center and features four lap lanes and a beach-style entry.