There’s no shortage of history in the South, and sometimes we forget just how much the past has shaped the present.
Some of Atlanta’s richest history is found within the architecture that makes up our city. Here are just a handful of the classic buildings that have called Atlanta home for generations.
• The Swan House at Atlanta History Center, built in 1928.
• The famous Fox Theatre constructed in 1929.
• The Hyatt Regency built in 1967, one of many Atlanta structures designed by John Portman.
• Flatiron Building, Atlanta’s oldest standing skyscraper, built in 1897.
• The Georgia State Capitol completed in 1889.
– MaryGrace Williams, 360 Media, Inc.