According to the Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation, the Buckhead building that once housed the Southeast’s first library bindery is in peril.
Atlanta architects A. Ten Eyck Brown and Alfredo Barili Jr. designed the National Library Bindery Co. building in 1929. For decades the family-run company was a success – binding books for customers as famous as Margaret Mitchell – and eventually relocated to Roswell. No longer able to compete with technology, it was forced to close in 2015.
The original building – now Peachtree Battle Antiques & Interiors – remains one of the oldest structures on Peachtree Road, but its fate remains uncertain.