Striking up a conversation with a stranger doesn’t come easy for many. Whether at a conference or a happy hour, here are some networking conversation starters to make a great first impression:
• Start with a compliment.
• Get personal by asking about interests.
• Ask open-ended questions to get the conversation going.
• What is the best piece of career advice you’ve received?
• What do you love most about your line of work?
Whether you’re new to your career or have years of experience, networking takes regular practice. Regardless of the outcome, you’ll meet someone new and learn a thing or two.
– Jack Phillips, The Oklahoma 100