There is no industry standard for how long you should wait between website redesigns. However, there are key questions you should answer before considering an update. Here are a few:
- Does your site look bad and function poorly on mobile devices?
- Does your site lack professionally produced content and images?
- Does your site load slowly?
- Has your company, brand, service or product changed?
- Do your competitors’ sites meet users’ needs better than your site?
If the answer is “yes” to at least three of these, it may be time to redesign. Check out this chart for three ways to prepare.