Transitioning from high school to college can be exciting and scary. Keeping a few tips in mind can help set up incoming freshmen for a stellar year.
• Tour the campus and determine best routes to classes prior to first day.
• Get involved on campus. It’s a good way to meet new people with similar interests.
• Review class syllabuses and mark important due dates and course requirements.
• Become friends with students in your class. It’s helpful if you miss a class or have questions about assignments.
• Build relationships with professors. They can become your mentors and references when applying to jobs.