Although not an actual lady, The Wimbish House in the heart of Midtown is just as lovely. Built in 1906, the home was originally owned by William Wimbish and designed by Walter Downing. Inspired by homes in southern France, it is one of only a few buildings left on what previously was referred to as “Mansion Row.”
In 1919, The Atlanta Woman’s Club purchased the Victorian-era home to use as its clubhouse, as it still does today. The house can also be booked for weddings and other events. Tours are available by signing up through the Atlanta Preservation Center’s website.