Atlanta has much to offer, but sometimes you need an escape. If you’ve got a free day, consider traveling to one of these nearby cities!
• Dahlonega (1 hour, 20 minutes): The site of the first major U.S. gold rush and the heart of Georgia’s wine country.
• Macon (1 hour, 20 minutes): You can’t miss the annual Cherry Blossom Festival each spring or the bustling downtown area.
• Chattanooga (2 hours, 10 minutes): Just over the Georgia border, check out the aquarium, incline railway, Ruby Falls and more.
• Augusta (2 hours, 10 minutes): Home of the Masters and infamous Final Cut.
– Katie Cline, 360 Media, Inc.