Halloween has come and gone, and while little ghosts and ghouls finish off their Halloween loots, you may be wondering what to do with all the leftover decorations, candy and costumes.
Before you toss everything to make room for holiday decorations, consider these tips to keep the landfills less full of Halloween clutter this year:
• Think about donating, reselling or handing down old Halloween costumes.
• Save long-lasting decorations for next season’s festivities.
• Pumpkins can be composted, or a local zoo may take them as food for animals.
• Leftover candy? Find an organization that accepts donated food.
– Cora Pursley, 360 Media, Inc.