To the surprise of many, Georgia temperatures dropped below freezing in late December, showing residents across the state the importance of winterizing their homes. Before the state experiences another unusually dramatic temperature drop, here are tips to prepare your home in advance.
• Add weather stripping to doors and windows to prevent cold air from entering the home.
• Clean the gutters of leaves and other build-ups.
• Protect pipes with pipe insulation and pipe wraps.
• Book a chimney sweep to check the fireplace for nests and debris before starting a fire to keep warm.
• Consider swapping lightweight curtains for thermal lined curtains.