Financially, I don’t know what I’m doing half the time. But I do know that treating the extra $1,200 that hit my account recently as “bonus” money is unwise, though tempting. Instead, now is the time to take care of needs over wants. For myself, I made note of what not to do:
• Don’t head to the checkout with online carts filled over the past month.
• Don’t act like a pro chef and stop buying generic brands.
• Don’t splurge on travel plans – you literally can’t go anywhere.
• Don’t overlook regular monthly bills.
• Don’t focus on paying down debt right now.