May is Employee Health & Fitness Month, which promotes well-being in the workplace. Here are some ways to encourage health and wellness among your employees and fellow coworkers:
• Encourage physical activity by organizing lunchtime walks or quality team-building exercises.
• Provide ergonomic workstations to reduce the risk of injuries and promote good posture.
• Boost healthy eating practices by providing nutritious snacks, offering a water bottle refill station and organizing workplace potlucks.
• Inspire mental wellness through stress-management workshops and mindfulness programs.
• Prioritize work-life balance by encouraging employees to schedule their PTO.
• Lastly, don’t let these tips just happen in May – promote them year-round.
– Jessica Galliher, The Alaska 100