Spring is coming, with her flower buds, beautiful blooming trees and – if you’re one of 26 million Americans that seasonal allergies wreak havoc on (myself included) – increased amounts of pollen from trees, grass and weeds.
Here are a few ways to prevent and manage your allergies:
• Check the local weather forecast for daily pollen counts. Stay indoors when it’s high.
• Use a HEPA filter to remove airborne particles.
• Close windows when driving.
• Vacuum and dust frequently. “Pet-friendly” vacuums often do the best job.
• Shower before bedtime. Your body and hair can collect surprising amounts of pollen whenever outdoors.