With current temperatures in the 90s going into August, it’s important to remember you’re not the only one that gets hot. With fur coats and uncovered paws, pets can feel the heat even more intensely. To ensure they stay healthy, follow some simple safety tips.
• Keep plenty of fresh water accessible.
• Take walks during early mornings or late evenings.
• Never leave pets alone in parked vehicles – even a few minutes with cracked windows can be fatal.
• Know the symptoms of overheating and how to help.
• Trim longer hair, but don’t shave to the skin. Coat layers can protect from sunburn.