We were all beginners once. Last week, I went on my first camping trip. Lucky for me, I joined experienced campers who were able to teach me a thing or two.
Here are some tips I learned:
• Practice pitching your tent before the trip, and triple-check that you have every piece.
• Arrive to the campsite before dark, tent setup is easier in the daylight.
• Know how you’ll start a fire.
• Pack more clothes than you think you’ll need. Layers will be your friend.
• Don’t forget a flashlight.
• Along with a sleeping bag, bring a sleeping pad for added comfort.