As the dinner host, you want everyone to be comfortable and have a great time. Consider these five tips for hosting a memorable meal and bringing positivity to the table.
1. Accommodate dietary restrictions. Guests who work hard maintaining a clean diet will appreciate this and feel less pressure to give in to extra helpings of gratin.
2. Make a toast to welcome guests and express gratitude to set a positive tone.
3. Don’t serve anything too messy.
4. Setup a kids’ table. This lets both groups talk about what they want.
5. Don’t wash dishes before guests leave; it will make them feel uncomfortable.