After the last sip of celebration bubbly, it might be time for a holiday detox. Dry January is an annual tradition for many with plenty of reasons to consider taking part:
• Mood boost – Alcohol is a depressant, so your mood will likely become more stable.
• Improved sleep – Alcohol interferes with the handling of the chemical adenosine and decreases “restorative” REM sleep.
• Weight loss – Alcohol contains a lot of calories, and when removed from diets, they’re often not replaced with other calories.
• Save money – Sure, that $14 holiday cocktail tasted great, but cutting back will help keep money in your pocket.
– Abby Watkins, 360 Media, Inc.