I finally made it to breakfast at Flying Biscuit Cafe down the street, and the grits made with white cheddar cheese and plenty of butter wowed me. (Fun fact: Grits are the official state prepared food of Georgia.)
Here are other favorites for grits in Atlanta.
• West Egg Cafe serves roasted garlic grits.
• Thumbs Up Diner serves stone-ground grits at its six locations.
• Murphy’s has stone-ground and cheddar grits.
• Folk Art serves grits with kernels of corn on top.
• Horseradish Grill serves Logan Turnpike Grits, plus it combines two Southern favorites in its pimento cheese and grits fritters.