One of Atlanta’s biggest weekends for events has arrived, and here are a few of our top picks for things to do.
1. Dragon Con – The massive pop culture convention kicks off Aug. 29 and runs through Sept. 2.
2. Taste of Soul Atlanta: Food & Music Festival – The four-day festival celebrates soul, Southern food and live music.
3. Atlanta Black Pride – Expect live music, parties, poetry slams and more.
4. Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game – Duke competes against Alabama at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
5. Big Peach Sizzler 10K/5K – Fun for all ages, this race benefits cystic fibrosis research.