In 1916, a former Ford retail sales manager named Ernest Beaudry was already purchasing and selling Ford Model T automobiles on his own when he ran an ad in the Atlanta Constitution announcing the opening of Atlanta’s first Ford dealership.
Beaudry Motor Company’s opening on Marietta Street was a success. Within its first 20 years, the dealership sold nearly 32,000 new and used cars, and became one of the first dealers to start leasing cars and trucks in the ’50s. By 1983, it was the largest Ford dealership in the country.
Beaudry Motor Company announced its closing in 2001.
– Caroline Parsley, The 100 Companies