Work environments have a lot of built-in pressures – letting someone go, delivering bad news and staying motivated to name a few. At one time or another, most leaders will also encounter, at varying degrees, at least one of the following seven key life challenges. According to Carey Nieuwhof, author of “Didn’t See It Coming,” the key is to recognize each and apply the proper tool to combat them.
1. Cynicism: Cultivate curiosity.
2. Compromise: Deepen character.
3. Disconnection: Deal with excuses.
4. Irrelevance: Transformation.
5. Pride: Develop humility.
6. Burnout: Reprioritize.
7. Emptiness: Find a mission bigger than you.