Asking for a raise or promotion can be scary, but it doesn’t have to be. Recently, “Good Morning America” shared some great tips from “Shark Tank” cast members.
– Start with tangible evidence as to why you’ve earned a raise, not why you need a raise.
– Show you can do the job; prove you’re an asset.
– Don’t devalue yourself and do explain why you want that promotion or increase.
– Show you have the experience to thrive, and share what you currently bring to the table.
Don’t forget to think about the timing, be appreciative and make the experience a win-win.
– Tara Murphy, 360 Media, Inc.