Home Business Talk About Problems

Talk About Problems

by Sally Schroder

Legendary football coach Lou Holtz once advised against telling people your problems: “80 percent don’t care and the other 20 percent are glad you have them.”

He may be right, but workplace problems that aren’t uncovered and addressed jeopardize success.

A manager friend has two mantras he uses with colleagues. “I can’t fix yesterday” is my favorite, but the second –  “If I don’t know about a problem, I will fail to solve it 100 percent of the time” – resonates.

Unless people are willing to raise problems and discuss them openly, managers can’t address them. So, please talk about yours!

– Kip Caffey, Cary Street Partners

You may also like

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

The Atlanta 100